This last week seems to have absolutely flown by. I honestly cannot believe how quick time seems to be going at the minute. The older I get they faster my days seems to go! This last week has been spent prepping for some very exciting things I have planned for this year. I’ve been spending time with my family, and looking back on the last year. I can’t say that I’m sorry to see 2016 behind me, it was a very complicated year. It was filled with some of my lowest lows, along with some of my highest highs. It seems to have been that way for a lot of people I know. Nobody can decide whether they loved it or hated it, so I think we’re all choosing to just move on from it.
In the midst of all the new year hustle and bustle I’m trying to make time to think about what I would like for this next year. I don’t like setting myself resolutions. It’s a bit unreasonable to tell yourself that you will or will not have done something by a certain date, in my opinion. That’s what a resolution is, after all. Instead, I decided to set myself some goals. I think that goals are so much more realistic and do-able. Here are the ones I’m set myself so far:
- Be open to new relationships – I struggle a lot with my relationships, there is no other way to put it. I think because of past experiences, and even recent experiences I tend to be quite afraid of new relationships and this is something I’d really like to work on this year. This is definitely one of my most important goals.
- Read more books – There are certain books that I’ve started reading recently that have made me wonder why I don’t read enough. I need to read more, and expand my knowledge.
- Sleep more – Sleep can be my worst nightmare, and I yo-yo between not getting enough and getting too much. I need to find that right balance this year so I can be healthier.
- Be present – with social media becoming so all-consuming these days, I think I need to do a detox. Something to break the habit of constantly picking up my phone.
- Find happiness – I don’t always feel happy. I know it’s impossible to be happy all of the time. But with my mental health wavering a lot at the minute I’m struggling to be happy. I need to find some happiness this year, and put the stress and emotion of 2016 where it belongs… in the past.
As the year goes on, there’ll be things I add to my list of goals. It will no doubt change regularly, and that’s okay. At the start of a new year at least I have some things guiding me towards the best me I can be.
What are some of your goals for 2017? I hope you’re all having a good start to the new year!