I think it’s so easy to focus on all of the things in life that we struggle with, (as evident in my last post), that stress us out, or make us unhappy and that’s okay, but I think it’s really important to also concentrate on the wonderful things in life that make us happy! So, this is a post dedicated to the little things that make me happy. The little things in life are sometimes the best and it’s the little things that honestly make me the happiest.
1. My family
2. The feeling of clean bed sheets
3. Comfort food and a glass of barefoot wine after a long day
4. Poetry that touches the soul
5. The way perfume changes scent throughout the day
6. Lower petals that fall from trees like snow
8. Dance parties for one in the kitchen
9. Good music
10. Fresh air blowing through my bedroom when the window’s open
11. My laptop and all the amazing things it allows me to do
12. Spending time alone. I’m not afraid to say that I love my alone time
13. Travelling, particularly flying
14. Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream (total guilty pleasure)
15. Pinterest, I love nights curled up in bed browsing the endless pins on Pinterest
16. Getting to see the mountains of Utah as I’m flying in
17. Sleeping in late
18. Laughter, I love to laugh.
19. Animals. I love animals more than people, and can you blame me?!
20. Makeup, testing new makeup, creating new looks, the smell of certain products. So much happiness!
Even after just typing it all up I feel so warm and fuzzy. It’s nice to remind myself of things that uplift me and that I’m grateful for. Just talking about the things that make me happy, I feel happier.